TinkerHost for Education is part of a feature rollout, and may not be available at this time to all users. Support for the Education plan will expand over the upcoming months. Please email us at education[@]tinkerhost.net with your questions, comments, and suggestions!
Student Guide - How to Enroll (or Join) a Class
You will need a class join code from your instructor to complete these steps!
Do you already have a TinkerHost account, or will you be creating a new one? You can join a class either way!
I already have a TinkerHost Account
Awesome! Make sure you are logged in to app.tinkerhost.net before continuing.
- Click on the profile icon in the upper left-hand corner
- Select "Account Settings" from the dropdown menu
(Can't find it? Click here!)
- Scroll down to the section titled "TinkerHost for Education"
(Using a Laptop or PC? It will be in the left-hand column)
- Enter your class code in the forum, then click the blue "Join Class" button
(See a "Leave Class" button? You are already enrolled in a class! You can only be enrolled in one class at a time, and you won't lose any of your work by removing yourself from a class).
I don't have a TinkerHost Account yet
Welcome to TinkerHost! To get started, open app.tinkerhost.net/signup in a new tab, then follow the steps below:
- Select "Student Account" from the option menu, then select "Next"
- Enter your first and last name (These will be viewable by your teacher, so be sure to enter a name they will recognize)
- Enter your email address (This will not be viewable by your instructor)
- Enter the class join code from your instructor (Don't have one? Ask your instructor for assistance)
- Choose a password, and complete the Capcha!
- After you have verified your email and activated your account, you will need to create a hosting account to start building your website for class. Learn how to link a new hosting account to your class here.